60th birthday gift ideas for women
A womans 60th birthday adds a more complicated dimension because women are often resistant to celebrate birthdays. She may even state a no gift preference, but it is still important that she is recognized on a very momentous day in her life. Take a little extra time to choose a special gift that can make her feel beautiful and appreciated. Here are 12 gift ideas to get your creativity churning on how to buy a meaningful gift for the woman who turns 60.
List of gift ideas
- Personalized gifts with a name or initials Personalized gifts will show her uniqueness. It could be a jewelry box or bracelet engraved with her name and perhaps a quote that is meaningful to her.
- Day at the spa Women in their 60s may need a boost to feel beautiful again. Book her a spa appointment that includes a massage for ultimate relaxation.
- At-home beauty and spa supplies Some women may be too shy for the spa, but all women love to self-pamper.
- Blown up family portrait Find a recent portrait of the birthday lady with her family, and have it enlarged and framed. Women are very sentimental by nature.
- Retro gift basket Consider the era that the birthday lady considers her "prime" and fill a gift basket with reminders of that time. Good examples are long-standing treats, music, and magazines.
- Dinner at a fancy restaurant Perfect to spoil the woman who has a mutual love for food and being indulged.
- Home cooked meal Perhaps she is always the one preparing meals, and it would be even more meaningful if someone returned the favor. Cook her favorite meal to add a personal touch.
- Photo locket Lockets are a time-tested sentimental gift to keep loved ones close to the heart.
- Handcrafted gift or poem Taking the time to handcraft her gift or write her a poem will make her feel unique and appreciated.
- Grandmother scrapbook This gift is perfect for women with beloved grandchildren. Compile a photo book, and perhaps include drawings from her grandchildren.
- Home decor Consider buying her decorative gifts, such as artwork or wall clocks, that suit her personal taste.
- Cruise tickets This may be on the higher end of your budget, but if you can, booking a cruise will provide her with the vacation of a lifetime.